Linderhof Palace is located near the Austrian border in southern Germany. It is the smallest of King Ludwig II of Bavaria’s three palaces, and it is the only one in which he lived.
King Ludwig II of Bavaria built Linderhof Palace, a stately rural house in Bavaria, as one of the numerous great architectural projects he undertook. The grounds around Linderhof Palace, constructed by Court Garden Director Carl von Effner, are regarded as one of the most magnificent examples of historicist garden design. The park mixes formal gardens from the Renaissance and Baroque periods with naturalistic areas inspired by the English landscape garden.
Linderhof Palace, Ludwig’s only finished palace, has a history of continuous construction and modification. Ludwig had the old farmhouse restored in 1869, five years after his coronation after it had been used as a hunting lodge by his father Maximillion II. Expansions were gradually constructed to each side of the newly dubbed “King’s Cottage,” and the foundations for Linderhof Palace were completed with the addition of wing extensions.
Until 1874 the exterior of the U- shaped complex was plain wood and plaster construction. However, in 1873 Ludwig approved the final stage of the palace’s completion – the entire complex was covered with stone, incorporating various structures under one roof. The final stage was to move the dilapidated King’s Palace 300 meters west, adjacent to the new stone palace.
With the king’s chamber moving a little to the west of the palace, it was finally possible to begin work on the gardens surrounding the palace. Carl von Effner, the court’s gardener, redesigned the landscape around Linderhof in a manner similar to that of the Herenchimsi Palace.
Herrenchiemsee well, he XIV Louis and Versailles influenced by gardens in. A large pool was mounted directly in front of the mirror hall and included 25 m high springs. Water can still be seen in front of a cascade of bedroom design and, above the music pavilion in the flow, marble staircases and 30 were below the one going to the Neptune fountain.
Ludwig ordered the construction of many more structures on and around the palace grounds from 1876 to 1878. One was “Venus Grotto”, modeled on Wagner’s opera ‘ Tannhauser ‘, illuminated by dynamos and was one of Bavaria’s first electrical works. Ludwig also bought several exhibits at the World’s Fair in Paris, including “Morocco House” and “Moorish Kiosk”, giving Ludwig the long-awaited “Eastern” feel.
Today, the grounds and palace have undergone minor changes since their completion in the 1880s. St. Anne’s Church, the oldest part of the palace complex built by Roman Shetler in 1684, was remodeled with stained glass windows under Ludwig’s guidance and is one of the many features worth seeing.
The palace has a large bedroom, an auditorium, a dining room, several cabinet rooms, and beautifully decorated rooms, including a water parlor and a mirror above the fountain. The elegant and beautiful elements of the rooms, such as the rich rooms of the Munich residence, transcend those that inspired it. Rokōkō style rooms decorated with 19th -century late has been the best of German and Bavarian architecture exhibition.